Friday, April 30, 2004

A Good Week

I've had a really good week this week. I've had 6 different jobs since coming to Canada, and they have been the worse jobs in my life. This job now is definately the best since hitting this country. The hours are strictly 9-5, and the people are so relaxed and nice. The only bad thing is that I am in a small office and there is constantly chocolates, cookies, muffins laying around... and my body isn't thanking me for it. On the other hand, Bill and I have been going to the gym... we're trying to motivate each other, which worked 2 days in a row. We'll see how long we'll keep it up! I'm in search of a social dragon boating team to row with (err... for the exercise, not the guys!), but they all seem to be really hard-core here!

Yesterday I was walking down a major road after work, and I could not walk in a straight line coz the wind was so strong. So here I was struggling like an idiot by myself, and it occurred to me how stupid I would look from a car or across the road. So with this thought in mind, I was also laughing hysterically, whilst trying to keep my balance and my clothes. People must have thought I was a mad woman!

My friend Teoh just arrive last night... a friend from Sydney who also worked on the ski fields near me. He's finished up there season in The Rockies and is touring before hitting home. It was funny to see him still with the goggle tan, and carrying all his ski gear. The snow seemed so long ago to me, when in fact it was only 3 months ago. I left Sydney 6 months ago!!

I'm starting to orgainse my travel plans in Canada and for flights back home. It's sad, because I am really starting to enjoy myself over here. Although I miss everyone in Sydney, I don't think I am ready to come home yet. Maybe coz I've just starting leading a normal work and play life here, I'm starting to make some good friends, and there is so much to see and do still... or maybe I'm just scared that I have to come home and face reality, make plans, job hunt, etc etc. Then I really have to decide what to do with my life... first work out my priorities!

Anyways, it's the weekend.. yah! And I don't have to work.. yah! Prob hang out with Teoh and do some touristy stuff... I am going to take him for a decent chinese meal... the poor guy who has been stuck with Banff food for 6 months!

No comments: