My weekend was a bit of a blur really... we used Teoh as an excuse for a nice Chinese dinner.. lobsters.. hmm! Although a lot cheaper, I must say, they aren't as nice as Australian lobsters. Seafood here really doesn't compare! Afterwards we met up with some friends for quiet drinks at a bar whilst we watched hockey... hmm... quiet drinks led to club, club meant more drinks, and that meant me getting acquainted with my toilet bowl numerous times during the night. We tried to recall the number of rounds everyone bought... even now it's still a mystery. I was so wasted that I only started to sober up the next afternoon.
Despite our grogginess, we did manage to make our way to Niagra Falls... the falls just doesn't seem as big and as magnificent this time round... but I guess it is a must-see for any tourist. I wasn't so lucky at the casino this time, my $5 went in less than 5 minutes at the slot machines.
Unfortunately, the weather didn't hold up all weekend, and by Sunday, it was cold and pouring with rain. Teoh and I just walked around the lakefront and some funky dowtown hotspots, then lounged around in a coffee shop. We also went to have lunch in this place called Marche... it is a really cool European style Brasserie... now I think about it, it's designed like a market place where you have a card that gets stamped when you get food from the various outlets. Everything is made fresh... you see pasta being churned from the machines, pastries taken straight out of the ovens, and various dishes and cuisines cooked as you wait. It is unlike anything I have ever seen. The decor was really cool as well, very piazza like even though it is all indoors. The waiters are even dressed in little vests and straw hats and water is self-serve from a wall fountain. And course, there was a little European peasant girl in the toilets (sorry.. "washrooms" as the Canadians say) that squeezes soap and hands out paper towels. Unfortunately for her, I didn't have my wallet with me to tip, so all the girl got was a big smile and thanks from me. Teoh and I was roaming around for ages before we could decide what to eat... and somehow my legs always took me back to the dessert section... hmm!
Future visitors - must remind me to take you there!
Monday, May 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment