A Short Break
I took a quick glimspe of my most recent entries, and realised it's more like a weekly log of what I have done rather than travel thoughts and interesting incidents. I guess that is the way it is since I have settled down quite nicely here. Maybe once I start on the road again, I'll be able to write more descriptive reflective accounts. Sorry guys!
Speaking of going on the road again, I saw Ben and Rachel leave on Saturday... and it was sad... we've become really good friends because of this common adventure called Canada. When we were all in Vancouver, our stay in Canada seemed like it would be endless. But watching them pack their backpacks, confirm flights and hop on the airport shuttle made me realise how fast the time has gone, and soon I will be the one hopping on the shuttle!
Walking back to the apartment was weird... my living room seemed so empty without a messy array of suitcases and travel clothes. For once, I sat down without any plans for my Saturday night, and without having to worry about what to entertain my guests with. It was good since I felt my body needed a detoxing, drinking every night of the week can't at all be good, not to mentioned all the big and heavy meals weighing on my hips and belly... but bad because I really enjoyed having friends over. Anyways, I only have a few days before the next bunch comes, so the plan is to bum around with local friends and my roomate, eat plenty of veges and to hit the gym big time!!!
I broke my drinking pledge though... after swearing not to drink another drop until my next guests arrived, I ended up drinking a beer at The Distillery... this funky area a bit like The Rocks... the weather has been so good lately, I'm finally able to sit in the sun... my friend even got sunburnt!! I don't think I've had summer for over a year now, and that called for a celebration with a drink!
Monday, May 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment