Friday, May 07, 2004

Finales

Despite having visitors over, I made them all stay home and watch Friends with me. I have not been a faithful follower of the tv show in the last decade, but I've watched enough to have become a fan. I am sure we have all related to the show one way or another... the haircuts, the clothes, the enormous coffee cup craze, the relationship problems, the jokes... it was all part of the important years of growing up. And so it was sad to see it all end, but shocking to realise it's been 10 years since that first episode, which really only seemed like yesterday. It's not one of the best finales I've seen for a sitcom, it could be seen as a happy or not so happy ending, but I won't ruin it for the guys back home if it has not aired there yet. The tribute is pretty funny though, it goes through each of the characters over the decade... sorta motivates me to do the same for the goofy characters I call friends. But we all know that will never happen!

Speaking of finales, the Toronto Maple Leafs lost to the Philadelphia this week, which means the end of the season for us. Just when I was starting to show a bit of interest in it too. The Torontonians were so hyped up about the game... I was really hoping we would win and go on to the next round, only because it means more excuses for pub outings and bonding sessions with wings and beer.

Matt, Bill and I also went to watch a baseball game for.. get this $2! It was a Loonie Tuesday (Loonie meaning our $2 coin)... Matt really splurged on the night and bought a hotdog as well... woah, a whopping $4 for dinner and live game... which justified our leaving only halfway through the game... the guys didn't find it too exciting and I didn't find the players too goodlooking.

Latest addition to my rather cramped apartment is Sandhya, another IBMer who has packed up to venture overseas to try her luck at apartment, friend and job hunting. It's always good seeing friends from home whilst being overseas, and it gives me excuses for going out and partying... errr... showing guests around!!

No comments: