Monday, April 19, 2004

Two Weddings and a Funeral

Yep, like all great journeys through life, there will be weddings and funerals. And this short one year jounery was no exception.

After two cousins getting married during my travels, there has been an unfortunate turning in celebrations and Bills' grandfather passed away during Easter. Bill has been holding up very well though, and hs been spending a lot of time with family. I attended the funeral on Saturday, a gloomy and grey day (literally), and full of chinese customs and services... it all seemed rather complicated for my first funeral.

On a brighter note, I did make up for the gloom the rest of the weekend. Despite the unpredictable weather, a friend offered to drive me out of Toronto to some small towns where we visited a few antique fairs, and walked around one of the nature parks and gorges out there. It's a nice change from being couped up indoors for 6 months because of the cold winter. Temperatures are slowly rising up 15 - 18 degrees... yah!

Been partying this week a bit as well (and the week is still young).. clubbed on the weekend, worked 14 hours yesterday and then went to a bar last night. I'm meant to be clubbing tonight as well, but I will be working 14 hours for the next few days, so not sure whether I will be able to handle it.

Loads of people coming next month and I want to take some time out to spend with them... so trying to burn myself out these two weeks so I can. Started a second job in the morning this week, and I absolutely dread it. It will be difficult dragging myself out of bed tomorrow I can tell you. Been living off soup I cooked on the weekend for the past few days... lunch and dinner! I don't have time to cook otherwise!! =(

Anyways, no time... between shifts atm, so just quick update.

Be Goood Peoples! =)

No comments: