Monday, April 26, 2004

Meeting Nice Guys

Someone deep... someone thoughtful... someone caring... someone who is always happy... and someone who makes you laugh.

Yep, they are hard to come by, but I met the Dalai Lama yesterday, so there is hope out there... nice guys do exist... pity the only one I come across happens to be a monk! =(

Anyways, we lined up in the rain for quite some time so we can pile into the SkyDome to squint at the little man on the stage. I must admit, his english although really good, wasn't fluent enough to hold my attention for the whole time... but I was still amazed at how witty and approacheable he was, and he promoted equality... like he was just one of us.

Was just thinking... I saw The Pope this time last year, and now the Dalai Lama... how good is that???

Anyways, good news today, after walking out of my last attempt at a day job, I was bumming on Friday, only to receive a call from my Temping Agency... and early this morning I started a new job with an Insurance Company. Not exactly brain draining work, mostly balancing accounts and claims... but hey, anything is better than telemarketing! So yeah, I have a life back... I can have dinner with my roomate now... infact we're planning to go for a run tonight. I have my Saturdays back... and I can party without stressing too much about spending! Yah!

Did heaps on the weekend, met some new people at drinks on Friday, had this scrumptious steak dinner (mouth still watering at the thought) and watched Kill Bill 2. My arms is also very sore from hitting half a bucket of golf balls at the range in the rain!!

Oh yeah... Hockey finals are coming up and the play-offs happened last week... such a close round for Toronto against Ottawa.. anyways, the point is, we won on Tuesday night and the town went absolutely crazy!!! Cars were going up and down Yonge Street (Equivalent to Sydney's George Street) and people were hanging out of cars high fiving every stranger on the street. People were all dressed up.. or dressed down when referring to the chicks hanging out of convertibles in nothing but their bras... and that fat asian dude that was walking up the middle of the road... no-one bothered to tell him that wearing nothing but a blue g-string was not really that becoming. Anyhow, since I just walked out of work at 10:30pm at night, I missed out on the game and the good cheer... but just the short walk down the street back home made me feel all the passion Canadians hold for their hockey teams... I'm hoping the Maple Leafs stay in the comp, just so I can go crazy next time they win!!

And no, I'm not going to hang out of a car in a bra... unless someone buys me a convertable, I'll prob consider it then.

No comments: