Back and bored
So after a whirlwind trip back to Sydney, I'm back at work and almost survived a whole week.
I'm meant to be changing roles and moving to a new function… that was meant to have happened during my month's absence so I can return and slide into a new and exciting job (well not so exciting, but something different nevertheless).
In the last month, not only hasn't my role changed, but the bad management and planning on this project hasn't either.
Not sure how ethical it is to use my paid contractor hours to search for a new job, but once I wake up from my post-holiday-blues, I should really start. I need something that stimulates me, rather than just execute on things that don't add value or don't make sense, and get frustrated that no-one cares except the contractors that know what their doing but don't get a say.
For the last week, I have done a maximum of 3 hours worth of work, but accomplished a great deal of other things such as:
- replied all my emails (dating back a year)
- sorted my photos
- compared turkey recipes for my first Canadian Thanksgiving
- sorted my banking
- shopped for an espresso machine
- studied for my drivers license test
- caught up with world news
- researched my next holiday (this was started the day after I got back!)
- researched and download my PR application kit (no I haven't decided to stay 'for good', I've downloaded it to win an argument with a friend, but if I am kept as bored as I am now, I will probably fill it out next week!)
I've gotten to the stage that I have ran out of things to surf for on the web! Not even shopping amuses me since I have nothing to shop for!
Hmm... perhaps a missed episode of Greys Anatomy in my little cubicle...
No comments:
Post a Comment