Wednesday, October 29, 2008

One of those days

I woke up this morning and our lawn was speckled with snow... wet, ugly, unwelcomed snow. I have been in denial of late, even when the mercury dropped, my hats, gloves and thick winter jackets have stayed in storage. It is October after all. In defeat, they all came out today, every last bit of winter.

Yesterday I was literally in tears I was so bored. I sat at my computer in my little cubicle, absent-mindedly refreshing my Google page because I had nothing to type into Google Search... the page refreshes, and nope, no inspiration in the last second that can fill that dang search box.

I went home at 3pm. Couldn't stand it no more. It was Pub Night for the project too, but a beer and nibbles did not warrant staying another two hours. For a contractor, it's like leaving a wad of cash on the table and walking away, but saving my sanity was priceless.

This morning, after my somewhat dissappointing start, I rock up to work at 9.30pm and I have an email. What sh*ts me more than not having work, is to receive an email for a task that takes the originator the same amount of time to complete themselves as it does for them to document the task in an email for me. I got asked to sort a spreadsheet and split it into four separate files and then send them back. It's an insult to any intelligence I have. I'm not sure whether he was feeling sorry for me an decided to throw me a bite, or whether he was being a dick and felt that sorting a spreadsheet was beyond him. Whatever the case, I've thrown work ethics out the door (onto the snow covered lawn) and I'm making Workopolis the homepage on my work PC.

2 comments:

millimilli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
millimilli said...

Install a "stumble this" on the tool bar and surfing will never be the same again!

Or better yet, time for you to send me a lengthy email! :)