Lost for words... well suitable words anyway...
It's time to revamp my resume again. My contract will unlikely be extended at the end of the year. Regardless, I have been whining about my job for some time to warrant getting off my comfortable butt to find another job.
The thing is, I now have to create room on my already borderline-unacceptably-long resume of three pages, for my latest experience. If finding white paper isn't a challenge in itself, I also have to fill this newly created space with the skills I have used and gained in the nine months.
How do you phrase nicely, that three months out of nine was sitting pretty doing absolutely nothing except web surfing and holiday planning. The most valuable skill gained was standing my ground and being heard amongst a team of overpowering analysts. My strength is my flexibility in working on constantly changing directions, if any was given at all. And the biggest challenge I overcame was throwing my values, standards and work ethics out the window when working with people who "don't give a sh*t" and just want to "get it done".
Yes, I think it is time for a change. Pity that change means filling the gap in my resume!
No comments:
Post a Comment