Cafe de Millwood
If you haven't heard me say it a million times before, then let it be known, the coffee in North America sucks.
To prove my point, on Saturday night when I was waiting for a friend outside a Starbucks that had a line-up out the door. A girl in the line contemplated taking a gamble for a shorter wait at Second Cup across the road (which may be likened to Gloria Jeans) but was quickly discouraged by her friend with the explanation that Second Cup "lacked the prestige of Starbucks". I refrained from tapping them on the shoulder and telling them what Starbucks lacks.
In a city overladen with American franchises, G and I have been trying to hunt down a decent flat white and latte. So far, we have only found one cafe that can rival the coffees we've had recently in Sweden and Sydney. So we've decided to make a stop to this with a new purchase:
We haven't perfected it, but we're getting there. Our amateur coffees aren't too bad, but we're working on the perfect microfoam. The new purchase has also inspired me to transform an unused corner of the house into a coffee room where we can curl up with a book, and keep our travel books and photos.
Now, if only I can wake up early enough to put make-up on, let alone make a latte!
No comments:
Post a Comment