Tuesday, October 21, 2008

In search of fall

I've been in and out of Canada frequently in the last five years, and not once have I experienced a Canadian fall. This is my first year here for fall, and I was adamant to see the famous colours and jump in a pile of maple leaves.
Can you believe they have a Colour Report that is issues weekly, reporting on the percentage change in colours for each popular region in the province???

We took a road trip up north which was a nice break away from the city. I must admit, I was a little disappointed with the colours, they weren't as concentrated and magnificent as I had imagined, but that's just me with high expectations and high likelihood of disappointment. We did see some fantastic colours of scarlett red, burnt orange and bright yellow, but we found it more breathtaking seeing it from the road, rather than being in the Provincial Parks or lookouts themselves. Maybe it was just because I couldn't find a nice pile of leaves to jump in. I'll get over it.

We had a lovely drive nevertheless, I tasted elk for the first time in pot pie, passed a pumpkin patch (it looked really cool, all the Halloween pumpkins scattered over the field - wish I had a photo!), met a chipmunk and got to enjoy the last weekend of decent weather (yesterday was the first day of snow, north of the city!)

Below are some of my fave photos from the weekend:

 


 

No comments: