Thank You
A good song is one that gives something to you. It picks you up, calms you down, unburies a memory or gives you meaning.
Isn't it funny that you always associate a song with a particular event? And whenever that song comes on, the imprinted of where you were, what you were doing, and who you were with at a particular moment in time comes flooding back.
So when Dido's Thank You came on, I was immediately brought back to my bed (no this is not a raunchy entry) at Tampa Bay during my grad training... where I used to wake up every morning to this song... every morning without fail. The environment was slightly different to watching the pretty lady herself perform the live last night. Dido is absolutley fantastic. She had such a good voice... wish I had a good voice, but I've been told I have a "bar voice"... I don't know if it has anything to do with how well my voice travels... anyways...
Anyways, love these trips down memory lane, even if the memory was of me in bed by myself! =P
Btw, major achievement of the week... I made it all the way to Chinatown and back, on rollerblades without stacking it once! And I did it all by myself! *nail buff* Nevermind all the pedestrians asking whether I was ok, and the cars who were generous enough to let me slowly trek over those streetcar tracks on the road...
Okaes, so it's nothing much, but it is... this is my co-ordination skills in question here!
Thursday, June 10, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment