Boston
I think I'm losing my touch... I used to be able to be able to sit on public transport 2.5 days straight... but these days, even 10 hours in a car is painful. But that was how long it took us to drive to Boston, I was nearly crazy by the time I got there at midnight, Friday night... so what happens, we step inside the door of the friend whom we were staying with, threw down our luggage, and was told to get dressed and get out. In no time at all, we were in a club in suburban Boston where we had 1/2 hour of fun before the club closed at 1am (what the?). Yep, all clubs here close early... even the downtown ones which close at a whopping time of 2am *gasp*. Actually, I shouldn't complain since I was buggered as.
The next day, we tried our best to see the sites of the city... I have to say, I was a little dissapointed. There was more construction than there was in Sydney, the paths were dirty and gum-stained, and I don't think I saw an even road at all when I was there... crossing the road was as hazardous as lying in front of a moving car. Some of the buildings were quite nice though, and the whole city had a old vs. new contrast about it, with historic buildings set against a backdrop of glitzy skyscrapers.
Our fave on Boston? The Boston-famous lobsters... you knew it had to do with food!
Monday, June 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment