Monday, June 14, 2004

Match Made in Heaven...

... fast cars and beautiful people... making Montreal the most scenic city in Canada! Oh, and the city itself is nice too... felt like we were transported to Europe for the weekend. The classic architecture, the french tongue, and the abundance of quaint eateries and nightlife was all part of the appeal. And the bustle of the city was a very relaxed holiday feel without losing the fast pace, a noticeable difference to the usual stressful pace of a working city like Toronto.

The weather was perfect, full sun and warm weather both days... we spent every meal on a patio, making full use of the weather and the scenery... if you know what I mean *wink*

I haven't seen so many beautiful people in one place... everyone looks like they've walked straight off the cover of a fashion magazine. The guys fitted right in with their striped shirts (yep, it's still the go), but us girls found the pleated mini skirts a little too much (or too little for the matter), and were probably the only ones in Montreal who shunned the fad.

Being Grand Prix weekend, the city was even more party town than usual. Streets were closed off, bars and resturants were spilling with people, and there were streets of fine cars on display. Imagine walking down a street with no less than 40 Porsches parked on the side. Every direction you looked, there would be cars worth 100 times more than everything I owned, and ofcourse, beautiful people driving them. Even old people were fashionable and good looking in Montreal!

Other joys of the trip was having to shower in the mens bathroom... we stayed at a college which happened to be a single sex male college... but it was all good, us gals stuck together and made sure our voices were heard so that there was no accidental stumble ins. The roadtrip there and back was interesting... it reminded me a lot of the roadtrips back at home... and I've realised that issues revolving choices of music is a universal one, although I am pleased to say I didn't have to sit through hours of hip hop like I would in Sydney! And whats holiday in a new city without trying out the local dish (it's all about food!)? Poutine as they call it is really a fancy word for fries and cheese curd, swimming in gravy. Although a little tastier than it sounds, one bowl of Poutine was enough to make me feel 10 pounds heavier!!

Anyways, great weekend... I even managed a tan! I promise photos sometime in the next 10 years!

No comments: