Shedding the Security Blanket
Believe it or not, I have lived through an entire week in Lake Louise with no major dramas. The only drama I've had is that my flatmates have finally realised how disgusting the place is and has decided cleaned it up so much it is virtually unrecognisable. I was so impressed, but I also know it won't last long.
It's definately a good thing, but it's sad how all the good things happen when you decide to leave. It always works out that way. Yesterday I submitted my resignation at LL, it was more of a decision than I thought as things are a lot better since I first arrived. But still, since I can't ride for 6 weeks coz of the shoulder incident, it's prob better to alter my plans and make my move earlier.
Apart from the dissapointment of not being able to make the most of my Rocky Mountain winter experience, I am also really looking forward to the relocation. It means plans, goals and purpose, and ofcourse the city convenience and lifestyle. It also means headaches such as house and job hunting, and the uncertainty and risk of it all. I guess LL has always been my security blanket in this whole Canadian trip where I knew there was def a job and a roof over my head waiting. Thats why I was so slack in job hunting in Vancouver. But I know I should be fine, I always am. Bill, another friend from Oz will be in Toronto, and the plab is that we find a place together and conspire to turn the city upside down. Well, when we find some local friends anyways. It's good to know someone in the same shoes as me, and it also eliminates the chance for me to end up with freak flatmates. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything!
Anyways, I will be leaving here on the 3rf Feb and will be in Toronto by the 6th as I am visiting Ben and Rach in Vancouver first. Mail won't be forwarded after I leave LL, so it;s prob best not to send anything until I find myself a new home.
Sunday, January 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment