Counting the Days
Not much to report this week apart from the fact that we finally got a new fridge in the apartment... you can see how much I have adjusted to the simple life as such a small thing got me quite excited! If you saw my photos, you'd understand why. But I will only be able to enjoy the new fridge for another week or so. I can't wait to get out of here now, and time is ticking so slowly!
So why am I in such a rush? The usual whinges I guess. Like the fact that my toilet overflowed for the 3rd time. The fact that I can't board. The anticipation that the weather will be in the high -20 degrees celcius during the week. And even the people who were pretty cool to begin with are getting to me!
We went clubbing on Wednesday which was fun, but I the next day, the rentals shop was buzzing with gossip about a girl we worked with... a small drunken mistake on her part, but heartbreaking news to her husband of three months. Anyways, it really was no-one's business, a little gossip was expected, but I could not believe the way some of the girls were going on about it and the way they all decided to turn on a friend when she needed them the most. I don't think I have experienced such bitchiness since high school!! it's pretty funny, coz they don't want to hang out with this one girl now *rolls eyes* because they believe "the people you hang out with influence they way you are". I find it quite amusing in that they all share the same maturity level!! Anyways, it's not just the bitchiness that gets me, the management at work is pretty shit too... somedays I wake up dreading to go to work, but other times the day goes by pretty quickly when there is some to chat to and the music is good (I never realised it made so much of a difference!).
Not everyone is bad here, I'm constantly meeting new people and after getting to know a few people a little better I've realised first impressions are not always correct. Some people whom I thought I'd get along really well with at the beginning turn out to be people whom I am happy to leave behind. And the ones whom I thought I'd have nothing in common with (and I still don't) happen to be really good people and who will look out for you without you even asking!
Anyways, gotta run... my friend and I are going to hang out with this girl tonight... thought a few drinks and some steak should be good comfort food for her!
Sunday, January 25, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment