Let the Year Begin
2003 was definately a big year of my life. But this year appears to be promising also. Only 11 days into the new year and I have already injured myself. I'd like to say I dislocated my shoulder after a 180 degree trun on the half pipe, but the fact of the matter is that icy roads are damn slippery! I was totally rested up, ready to hit the slopes in the two days I had off... I even invested in some impact shorts (aka bum pads!) to protect my tailbone. I was so determined to master snow boarding coz I had imporved so much in the last week... I hate it when you can't do something you had set your mind to!! grr!
Anyways, I slipped as I was heading to the bus stop and the fall dislocated my shoulder and sent me into 10 minutes of dizzy spells where everything was black and grey! My arm remained that way for 3 whole hours since some guy decided to overshadow me by getting concusion on the back side of the mountains and the doctor and all the patrol guys were out at the site helping him with getting airlifted to the hospital. How inconsiderate! Nah, he was far more seriously injured than me, so I can't complain. It's okay now though, after hours of discomfort, the doctor snapped it into place again and I have to wear it in a sling for a while and can't lift my elbows above my shoulders which is a pain when putting on layers of clothes in this weather. It also kills me tech bench career.. now I have to be a checkout chick! Got an X'ray done and once the results are out, I'll know how long I won't be able to board for.. but now it seems to be around 6 weeks. Apparently there is 40% chance I might need an operation, but I'm pretty optimistic about that... my god, it's only a fall! I'm just really annoyed I won't be able to board coz I am thinking of moving back to the city soon.
I'm just thankful that I didn't hurt myself any other way.. what I can't see is all good! I could have broken something, had open wounds, had blood everywhere but no-one to do my laundry for me.. now that would have been tragic!!
Monday, January 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment