Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Rusty Traveller

I've spent the last 5 days in Croatia, which is absolutely gorgeous. My arrival here was not without drama, my rusty travel street sense was put to the test as soon as I arrived at Dubrovnik airport. Withdrawing money from the atm, I managed to walk away with all the dosh, but left my receipt and keycard behind! Lucky for me, I was still loitering around and realised when the next person walked up to the atm. Well it takes an incident like this to make me ultra careful the rest of the trip. Incidents like these only ever happen once.

So back to the travels - Dubrovnik lives up to the hype, with the city walls being the highlight of the trip so far. Looking over the rooftops of Old Town, and being able to just turn around to see the dramatic translucent aqua to deep blue of the sea, makes me realise that lugging heavy luggage, running for the plane, and waiting in long queues through customs is well worth it. The Adriatic Coast is amazing, and the bus ride from one coastal city to another is breathtakingly beautiful. I can't think of anything less cliche to say about the water... it dazzles, yup, dazzles in sun!




Mim left yesterday to return to London and I'm on my own for the next 5 days. I'm starting my lone tour by taking an unplanned trip away from the Dalmatia coast to the country's capital, Zagreb. So far, no hitches. I'm havng a rough time getting used to the cold which is a far cry from the sun and blue sky of the coastal towns. Tomorrow I am off the Plitvice National Park which is meant to have some really spectacular lake though. Can't wait to post som photos up when I get back to London!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey there! It is so wierd reading somebody else's blog while we are travelling!!

Croatia sounds great! Currently in China...surviving through all the dirty loos and spitting everywhere! Take care and lots of love,
bernie and ken

Anonymous said...

Thanks Babe for a fabulous trip, I really had a great time! Lets do it again soon, roadtrip in Sweden next perhaps?

P.S If that man kept waving around your keycard and not gave it back, I was ready to tackle him :P