London Encounters
So, I'm walking down the street three days into my visit to London. We're heading to the best Vietnamese phó place in town (phó was pretty good, but the vermicelli was so so, and the coconut juice cringe worthy...), and on the way there, I look up and see an old acquaintance and fellow M2 bus patron, Liz, strolling in the opposite direction! I haven't seen this woman in ages, and to be honest, actually forgot her name in my excitement. I was 80% sure it was Liz, and called it out anyway, which to my relief she answered to. Funny, I was wondering that day, whether I would bump into someone on the streets if London considering there are so many Sydney-siders there. So after catching up over a few short minutes, I walked away shaking my head still amazed that I had bumped into someone on the other side of the world.
10 minutes later, as I'm waiting for my meal, blabbering away to Mim at the table, who should walk in? Another Sydney acquaintance, Jean! Not sure whether to get up and run over, stand up and shout, or just continue blabbering to Mim, I see the waiter walk over to her. And ofcourse, there were no spare tables in the entire restaurant... my dilemma was resolved as the waiter led Jean and her companion - who I later discovered also works with some ex colleagues of mine... what a night...
So that three days into my visit. Not sure why I am so surprised, I guess it's always nice to bump into a familiar face, let alone in another city.
No comments:
Post a Comment