You can never prepare yourself enough in saying good-bye. I think I ahve over-estimated myself too many times in this area.
My last few weeks in TO has been a series of tasks - work, last minute catch up, drinks, dinners, shopping and tying up loose ends etc etc... so miuch so that is made it quite convenient to forget what it was all for. I'm flying out of a city that has been home to me for the last 7 months, and it hasn't hit me yet.. although my luggage is all packed and ready at home.
Canada is a great country, but I think I have done everything I have set out to do here. I've travelled... I've rekindled old friendships as well as made new... I've partied... I've worked in various jobs that I would never have done at home... I've roughed it, cried, laughed... and I've spent a shitload on shopping.
I think I'm pretty much ready to leave this country, the only thing holding me back is all the relationships I've made here... all the people who have been my family and friends. From a city that meant nothing to me but work opportunities, to a city full of close friends... how things change!
I'm trying to think how sad I was when I left Sydney one year ago... and to tell you the truth, I was more excited than sad. I guess I take my family for granted, but it's also the fact that the lifestyle I left behind can be easily resumed with a few minor changes. Home is always home. I'm really feeling the different as I leave TO.
Thank god that although cities stay, people are able to move... the world is not as big as it used to be.
Thanks for the people in TO for topping my year off, and thanks for all my friends at home who have always lent an ear when I most need it!
Monday, September 27, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment