Summerlicious
If you ever visit TO, make it summer. In winter, everyone is sluggish, and the only pastime is lounging and drinking. In summer, it's like the whole city is alive with festivals of all sorts... every weekend.
We have something called "Summerlicious" happening at the moment (god, you didn't think I came up with such a cheesey title myself, did you?) where all these fancy resturants offer cheap 3-course menus, a bit like Sydney's Good Food Month, which I will miss this year may I add! =( Needless to say, we have been doing a bit of dining of late.
This weekend is the Toronto Street Festival, where they close off major intersections of the world's longest street (Yonge St), and they have all sorts of food, music and parties happening. So I will be going to that since it's is one street away from where I live. Yonge St also hosted the Gay and Lesbian Pride Festival a few weekends back... watching big burly men in g-strings and bondage gear is always interesting, so I went with the boys to get some fashion tips... not.
The Molsen Indy is also in TO this weekend, and I'm going to check out the qualifying races on Saturday which will be very cool... I'm not one for cars, but I loved watching Fast & Furious (for more reasons than just Paul Walker), and I think being there noise, burnt rubber and all would be quite exciting.
But other than that, I have been extremely chilled. Probably because being ultra busy at work just drains it out of me. I've only got about 2 months left in TO, so I am organising to travel around the East Coast with a high school friend. The two of us are going to hire a car for three weeks and do a Thelma & Louise roadtrip.. can't wait!
Anyways, that's my dismal update for now. Whats happening back at home?
Friday, July 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment