Meeting the Parents
This week saw the end of Irene's visit... but before she left, we did some more tacky tourist sites (must dos!), ate and we went to a Lounge on the 51st floor of a building, and as you guessed, a breathtaking sight. Irene was a good break-up of my very routine week days, a very good excuse for not surfing the net for non-existant jobs!
My weekend was quite good also... Bill's parents were visiting Toronto, so I had dinner with them so they could meet this wild child they were so worried about (who me?). Ofcourse, I managed to charm them like his relos. My friend Mel often jokes about them being my in-laws, and the parents themselves are probably thinking that also.. little do they know that thier son has a hidden girlfriend and I happen to be a good disguise for this!! When we went shopping, his father inststed on getting me this top as a "first meeting present". I got a bit worried and ran off to pay for it myself. This confusion is difficult at times, but amusing nevertheless. Btw, for dinner, we went to this place famous for lobsters... sooo cheap... we had a huge plate for the price of pound back home!
I went to a lounge with some girls on Saturday night which was quite fun. I am glad they opt for lounges rather than clubbing these days. I basically sat at the bar and people watched all night... quite enjoyable but we all agreed that the quality of people at a place is directly related to the cover charge. We paid $5 to get in, need I say more.
Sunday was a lazy day where we took a stroll down Danfourth, commonly known as Greek Town, and where "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" ws filmed. It has a lot of cute shops, and in mind I am already mapping out where to take all my friends when they come visit!!
In the tradition of telling stories about people we meet whilst travelling, last night I went with a friend to pick up some clothes from one of her girl friends. This girl sheds her wardrobe every few months. She's an exotic dancer (I still haven't worked out how exotic, but I'd imagine very) and a total shopaholic. Half the items in the two large bags were designer items which she hasn't even worn before. She just came back from a shopping spree in Vancouver where one of her clients paid for her shopping (what a life!). I guess that justifies the LV and Prada flip-flops (they cringe when I say thongs), and the hundreds of other expensive items which I would never be able to afford over 5 years (and thats with a real job). She also had her breasts enlarged which was another reason why there was so many goodies to give away! Despite hearing about about how large her breast were every few minutes, I have to say she was pretty cool person, and definately interesting enough to be worthy of my blog.. and thats not because I walked away with 3 pairs of shoes!!!
Monday, March 29, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment