Friday is the Eventful Day.. and not because of drinks!
It's funny how things work out. Last Friday I was a dissapointed at missing a job opportunity.. and exactly one week later, I reject another job.
It would have been good if I had wanted to own my own business, because you start with really shitty work at entry level i.e. door-to-door sales, but then you go through all these developmental stages until you are ready to part-own and manage one of their offices for them in a chosen city in Canada, US or Europe. So basically they are training you to be an entrepreneur for them... something a little too heavy for my working holiday!
Anyways, things are picking up since I do get phone calls and emails now and then... they are sort of like teasers to keep me going. I won't bog you down with my job hunting woes.. but I'm thinking, if I still don't have luck soon, I'm switching to husband-hunting!! I hear that may be a lot easier!!! =P
This week has seen my first visitor to Toronto. Irene, a high school friend bounced in last week and she is a parcel of laughs and optimism. I spent a day sight-seeing with her, it's like the two of us are trying to out-chat each other... her guy friend was amazed at the speed and amount of information we could get out!!
The funny thing is that we never really kept in close contact back in Sydney, but when you're in another country, anyone you meet from home seems like your best friend. Perhaps it's all circumstantial, but whatever it is, I have been able to renew or develop friendships with people from home a number of times since I've been in Vancouver and Toronto. Meeting new people is enivitable, but developing old friendships is an added beauty of travel which I never factored in.
Anyways, sorry I don't have much stories to tell lately since I have been keeping low-profile till I get some decent cash to party with!
Monday, March 22, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment