The New Town Toronto
With the warm weather behind me, I brave the cold of Toronto, which isn't really that bad... except for the wind chills... they are brutal, but other than that, it isn't as wet as Vancouver, and although it isn't as white as Lake Louise... it does have these big flurries that float down.
My apartment was my main concern... after being cooped up in my room in Lake Louise so long, I was happy to see that the apartment was pretty well located (well a 20 min walk to different areas of the city), it was clean (phew!) and it had really good facilities which I am really excited about. I think I have put on some weight from be inactive for so long, so I'm definately looking forward to putting the gym, pool and sauna to good use!
The last few days have been busy buying food and equipping the apartment. My flatmate Bill got a bit excited about moving out and the first dinner we had was hand-made dumplings although I was quite happy with the frozen kind... at least this meant I got to eat my heart out! Did you know, that Torontonians buy their milk in bags?? Weird concept, but they have these pitcher things which they put the bags in to serve. The joys of grocery shopping!
Anyways, been busy with job applications etc I haven't really seen any of the city. I have only walked down the few main streets for internet, groceries and mall.... I figured finding work in my main priority and I will have plenty of time to explore later on. Last night I had a call from a friend I met at a wedding though.. it's good to know a party girl to show me the sites of the city. So last night we went for drinks in this pub that sits in a huge house in what looks like a residential area. We met a few of her Candian friends (finallly, not Aussies) and I tried a few Canadian beers.... (I'm trying to acquire a taste for beer.... it's getting there...)... all in all, it was a good first night out. A cruise of the city holds many promises for great places to go, so def looking forward to it!
Anyways, will post photos soon, I promise!!
Friday, February 13, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment