Thursday, February 05, 2004

Never Say Never

Most people thought I was crazy to bus it back to Vancouver rather than fly... but hey, I got a free ride and it was the most scenic drive. Every corner we turned, there was another mountain looming ahead. Sometimes, we drive into a think dull mist where we can barely see 3 metres ahead of us, only to pop out the other end to see a blue sky and the sun shining so bright that the reflection off the snow was blinding. It made me miss driving alot! I have always enjoyed car rides, which was lucky, coz it definately made my 11 hour journey a lot more enjoyable. I also had a very wacky bus driver who was young, cool and always had a lot of information. it must be hard being on the road all the time, coz every town we passed, he would point out the best strip club there!

The long bus ride was def worth it when I met Ben and Rachel at the end. Although I arrived at 7pm and left at 4am the next morning, we had a good catch-up in their little studio and I was very well fed! Pity I couldn't stick around Vancouver longer, it would have been nice to chill out with friends in a faniliar surrounding.

The next night saw me hit the city of Miami - again! I swore never to return (being my 4th time here!), but I've learnt never to say never. I love this city, I love the sight of water and this place has plenty of it. I love catching up with my cousin and my new cousin law, but I've been here so many times and it is so far from everything! It was however my first taste of hot weather for a while and I thoroughly enjoyed flashing some skin after hiding under 5 layers of clothing for so long. Once again I arrived late and left early the next morning - just enough time for a good catch-up and a huge feed. Unlike the last time I flew out of Miami, I managed to make my flight!!

No comments: