A Break from a Break
First I wanted to get away from Sydney... and now after 3 weeks in Vancouver, I need another break. I felt miserable the other day during the heaviest rainfall since I've been here. What is worse than rain itself is getting lost when it is raining!
So Trang and I went on a weekend trip to Vancouver Island, about 1.5 hours ferry ride from Vancouver itself. After doing crazy hours on transport through Europe, I didn't think the few hours of bus and ferry would get to me. I guess in Europe, we didn't have a whiney asian teeny bopper couple sitting behind us talking whilst we were trying to sleep. Their conversation consisted of too many *whiney voice* "thats sooo cool..", "thats sooo awesome...". And talk about lover's quarrels... this is the chick during some stupid game they were playing... "I'm the win-some-est girl ever. I win at everything. I win at being a loser, I'm the losiest of the losers. I have to be first at everything.".... and the classic "Am I the cutest!?? I'm cuter than you, I'm cute!" *rolls eyes*
It was amusing at first, but in the end it took a great deal of self control not to turn around and yell "Look woman, you're the cutest, ok??... Now shut the f*** up!"
Anyways, that was the beginning of the trip. The rest of the trip was quite pleasant on relation. Victoria is known to be like Britain (Trang just informs me we are in Bristish Columbia for a reason.. *ding*). So it has pretty buildings, European style and sits on a harbour which meant really pretty pcitures at night. But apart from picture taking, the capital of BC is really small.. so after Trang left (I decided to stay the night myself), I went and saw a musical - "The Fiddler on the Roof". Although it was good, it was nowehere near as good as "Hello Dolly" which I saw in Vancouver - very witty, and extremely clever staging.
Tuesday, December 02, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment