Monday, December 22, 2003

And your shoe size is...

If my last entry alarmed, you rest assured, I am now quite used to the fact that I have bongs lying around the house, people knocking asking for pot and the load music at all times of the night and early morning is getting to be a normal too.

I went out on the slops at leat 4 times last week and I'm slowly improving. I still don't look cool though, but I'm working on it. The other day we went to the top of the mountain (I nearlly killed my friend when he left me there)... but yeah, it was 2 runs combined into one and the bottom one was 8kms, so I am thinking I did at least 12 kms down.. it took me about 40 mins and a hell of a lot of leg work!!!

Rentals is getting crazy though. I have to say, fitting people with boots and putting away smelly, steamy ones at the end of the day sure is different to bumming on the beach or bludging at client site. Apparently it will be worse in the next two weeks, so I am looking forward to 7:50am starts and no lunch breaks!!

Work people have been cool, although there is still a bit of a culture shock. A group of us went on a small trek to the famous Lake Louise which was nice... a walk through powdered snow was def different to our treks back home.

And Ada, a friend from Australia just arrive, so we took a tour up to Johnson's Canyon, which has all these frozen waterfalls which was all very cool (sorry about the pun!).

Anyways, I have uploaded some more photos (link on the right). Check out the first picture. One morning it was even nicer than that, but I didn't ahve my camera on me. The sky was pink as, and when I was in training, I saw the sun rise over the mountains.. it's not often I am awake to see the sunrise. But the best was when we got off work after sundown, and the sky was a bright blue with strips of pink clouds strewn threw it. That was when I thought that maybe it was a good thing I made it all the way out here. Just seeing the surroundings makes it all worth it.


No comments: