Saturday, December 13, 2003

Another Phase

It happens everytime, you have nothing to do for weeks, then just as you give up and decide to move on, everything comes tumbling in! I spent most of my week working for once, and let's just say that Temping is no fun! I will make sure that when I get to Toronto, I will work my ass off to find proper work, none of this data-entry, filling crap no more!!

The last few weeks has been good. Now that I'm leaving Vancouver, I have started getting used to the place and even the weather doesn't bother me anymore. Last week I celebrated my birthday... the birthday which I thought I'd be by myself for... but I had friends! *beam*

Trang cooked me a huge gormet lunch, we got haircuts, and met up with Ben, Rachel and three other Aussie friends for drinks at a really nice cocktail bar. We then went to a Mexican Party... it was a bit dissapointing at first, since we rocked up to this huge hall with grandmas, grandpas and kids dancing away in a huge empty hall. But the as the night went on, the crowd grew (bigger and younger) and we made it all a bit fun by wrestling kids for lollies, trying out very bad salsa moves and bopping to retro (once in a long while is quite fun!). So yes, my birthday was surprisingly a very good one!!

This week I have been out an about with work and last minute admin stuff in Vancouver, but I also stayed with Ben and Rachel for a few days in their very swish apartment which was really fun. Had a night out with plenty of drinks, good old pool and even a little bit of a tiff with some local Canadians who called us "stupid crazy australians"! Who, us???

Anyways, heading out for my farewell dinner now with all my new found friends before I head off to Lake Louise tomorrow morning bright an early.

I will try to make future entries a bit more interesting and lively when I am less tired!!

No comments: