Thursday, November 27, 2003

The Challenges of Work

My first temp position confirmed 2 things for me:
1. The most tiring thing about working, is when you have no work to do. After so many months "on the beach" back home, you would think I'd be used to...
2. My hopes of finding a consulting career here is non existent.

I'm posted out at SAP Canada one day - on the front desk, mind you. I got taught how to reject those poor people who call in wanting to submit their resumes (aka, me) and was shown where the resumes are filed - in the wastepaper basket. Now there was the motivation I needed!

And besides that, in four hours of sitting on reception at SAP Canada, my achievements were: answering 4 phone calls and sticking labels on boxes to be shipped.

When my Temp Agent said he's start "me out easy", I guess he wasn't kidding.

No comments: