Saturday, August 29, 2009

"OMG Dad's on FB!"

I have not spoken to my family for a month and a half. I think about calling all the time, coz I feel I should... but I'm usually too lazy, too tired, or I don't feel like speaking Chinese. Plus, sometimes it's quite depressing when you give up on this "they should call" battle and pick up the phone, only to reach Telstra's voicemail service.

The other day, I logged into FB to kill sometime, and low and behold, the person-you-may-know suggestion happened to be dad. The dad whom I haven't spoken to for months, coz he's never home even when my call gets through. My daddy who used to sign his emails to me with 'Regards' coz he didn't know the difference between work email etiquette and personal email etiquette. Who always causes Skype calls to twice as long coz half the time I am coach him through, or patiently waiting for him to take me off hold, or mute, or whatever was confusing him at the time.

I was so annoyed I found him on FB through a suggestion, yet so proud. Daddy is going high tech now!

***

Speaking of which, I received a surprise call from a dear friend the other day from the other side of the Atlantic (finally my phone rang!)... someone was thinking of me... I felt loved!

No comments: