The new sky dive
Because I have been sharing my scooter woes of late, I hope you don't mind me sharing my latest achievement. I rode to the mall today!! Not just the grocery store that is within walking distance, but a real mall! My scooter and I are starting to go places! *grin*
That road - Eglington, that I was trying to cross when the SUV ran the red lights... I actually rode on it today, which is a huge achievement for me because I was terrified of traffic, let alone ride on a major road. I've never ridden at 60kms before, nor on a 3 lane road each way. The roads were seriously bumpy, so I was a bit wobbly at first, but I gritted my teeth and kept going.
When I got there in one piece and parked, I forgot to congratulate myself. Instead, I was walking around with a knot in my stomach, just thinking of the ride home. The last time I felt so sick in the stomach, was when I jumped out of a plane sky diving.
To encourage myself (yea right), I bought a pretty little top from Anthropologie, my new fave store. I did my miniature grocery run (the eggs did not crack in my bumpy ride), and made it home!
Next major destination - downtown! I think my stomach will plead for a break. We'll leave it for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment