Thursday, November 06, 2008

The conversation

... resulted in a polite decline.

The last time I declined an offer and quit, I was in tears. I remember it being a very emotional experience. Having said that I had great managers who had really shaped and support my growth and offered me opportunities which were a shame to refuse.

This time round, when asked whether it felt like a huge lift of my chest, I gave a shrug. I knew all along I wasn't going to stick with it. But I'm glad I forced myself to think it through and consider it, rather than use my emotions to decide.

My only regret is that I have three trips planned to U.S. outlet malls over the next 3 months, and I'm going to have to watch the spending.

On the flip side, now that it's done and dusted, I need to decide where to go in January! I'm thinking Florida / Central America, Morocco or somewhere else in Africa. Anyone free to join me??

No comments: