Anticipating Unemployment
For sensible people, when faced with less than a month left of secure employment, and a roller coaster economy that is yet to feel the incline, they would play it safe.
I have a friend who works in mortgages, who is very successful, and to our friends amusement, quite aggressive in climbing the corporate ladder. A little stressed with the state of the economy, she decided to return a sweater she had purchased, one of many spending changes she's made.
Meanwhile, whether frivolous or foolish, I am shopping for holiday destinations to spend my new found time. So earlier in the week, a conversation on Skype was enough to convince me to book flights to meet a friend on the other side of the ocean, and travel to a country I know barely anything about.
Today, whilst G and I were chilling out at a local cafe, we come across an ad for a sale on Vespas. We've been thinking about it for a while, but with winter coming on so quickly, we dawdled on the idea. But the $2k discount was too good to miss. So we did another impulsive thing and bought one. Mind you, neither G or I have a license to drive our new purchase, and we probably won't get an opportunity to practice and ride until April next year, but who can resist a sale?!
We chose the color coz without electricity in the garage, this will help brighten things a bit:
Okaes, so only this color was available at our price, but we can work yellow methinks.
To my dear siblings, the 'rents don't really need to know about this, k?
2 comments:
and yellow to match you ;)
yep, matching my complexion was a big factor. Who needs to know how to ride?!
Post a Comment