Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Does unemployment count as a holiday?

Europe is well and definately over. I arrived in Toronto two days ago and had my first interview today. What can I say, interviews are a drag. I even had to go out a buy a new ironing board just so I can straighten up my suit that has seen nothing but the bottom of my banged up suitcase for the last few weeks.

Interview went ok I guess, since I am going back tomorrow to meet with the business. A one hour interview, a one hour written test, and lunch with the Director... not even the free lunch makes up for the three long hours I have to sit through! Even if I do get an offer, this is all pending on me being able to get Permenant Residency... this was no where on my grand plan, but has managed to creep it's way to the top of the list if I am ever to work in TO.

My first interview and I'm already getting a headache. Just to make myself feel even better, I wouldn't let myself eat this muffin that was calling for me from the coffee table until I had sent out all the job-hunt related emails I needed to send out. Man that muffin was hard work.

The weather has somehow followed me from Croatia to TO... I experienced the first snowflakes this season, and it's only Autumn! This is going to be a long winter. The thickest jacket I have ever owned in my life can't even keep the biting cold wind out.

Don't get me wrong, it was great coming home (my other home), seeing the boy, and getting pampered.

I blame the weather.

2 comments:

mushiejc said...

this will be me soon too - i'm not looking forward to doing interviews again - i've forgotten how to do them! Good Luck with it all

millimilli said...

muffins are very good for you. they're nutritious, and a dozen or 2 will help you cruise through interviews.