Monday, July 20, 2009

Recruiter Gripe

I'm sorry, I just got off the phone with a recruiter and I need to gripe.
I've dealt with some good recruiters and some bad ones, but this one is the worse. I am fuming because he is so rude, does not give a sh*t whether I am interested in the role, or whether I even have the skills for it.

Let's be clear, he called me. I did not call him.

He wants a workforce planner on contract. Great. I have the word 'workforce planning' on my resume once. It was a unique deliverable, where I had to make a recommendation on the number of contact center staff to recruit, based on processes I designed, for a brand new operation that did not exist. By no means am I a workforce planning expert.

I don't even get a chance to squeeze in a word in the one sided conversation before he demands to know what my rate is. I'm like "hang on.." and proceeded to explain to him the extend of my workforce planning and how I may not be a suitable candidate, and he cuts me off with "yeah, yeah...". WTF?

So he approaches it from another angle. Do I have BI experience? I don't, and I have no remote interest in gaining. I'm pretty sure I was pretty damn clear. But he wants me to send my resume over asap so he can get the process started.

I asked: "So do you think I'm a good fit?"
His reponse: "To be honest, you are just so, so" (Halle-f*ing-lujah, thats what I've been saying all along), but still he insists: "Send me your resume at email rarara and we'll get the process started"

No 'please'. No 'thanks'. No 'what do you think?'.

I may need a job, but I don't need someone like that representing and selling me.

To top it off, I checked out their website, and I could have done a better job with website design and photography skills (and that speaks for a lot). Guys in cheap suits with fake poses and handshakes and stupid grins on their faces do not cut it.

No comments: