Heat wave hits town
Thats right, a balmy 10 degrees as I post this blog, with a high of 12 degrees expected. Who says winter in T.O. was tough??? The weather god must have heard my pleas and delivered enough temperature to melt the ugly mounds of snow built up on the sidewalk. No longer fluffy and white, but more like miniature coal mines obstructing the pedestrian crossing.
The last couple weeks has been nothing but a never-ending meal. We spent Christmas at Gord's relatives house, washing the yummo food down with creamy white eggnog and trying to beat the kids at darts, pool table, air hockey, pinball machines, you name it. You know you're old when Monopoly cash is replaced by an electronic swipe and players hold debit cards (cash is so passé). Boots and hats are also unfashionable around the game board, anyone who is someone will have to be a cell phone or at least a segway.
My memories of NYE was nothing by lychee martinis, long island ice teas and singing "...it's too late to apologize" at the top of our lungs in a basement. Oh, and the very long treacherous car ride home that kept me from my porcelain bowl. Oh dear.
Now with the holiday season calming down, it's time for the gym. Gord has dragged me out of sauna mode and I'm actually making use of the equipment! My goal for 2008? Being able to do one push-up... and for a stretch, a chin-up would be nice.
Sorry for my lack of diligence for emails and cards. Hope it's not too late to wish everyone a happy, exciting and safe 2008. Love you.
2 comments:
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too! *mwah* Hmm, I don't think I can even do one chin up properly...
Well I did my fitness assessment, and although I had good flexibility and cardio... I did 0 proper push-ups, 0 full sit-ups and 0 chin-ups. It's beyond embarrassing.
Post a Comment