"I'll check with 'rarara' and let you know..."
Replace 'rarara' being your girlfriend, boyfriend, dog or cat.
I used to get that response a lot when I ask friends whether they are free to meet up on a certain day. It used to annoy me to no end when I regularly get the same response from the same people. I figure it's fine to decline an invitation if you have plans already, but if you don't, you're a free man / woman to do as you please, and doing as you please does not need permission from your partner. If they wanted the date, they should have put dibs on it first.
I'm not that harsh on everyone, just close friends who should know better than palming you off instead of telling you the truth - that they have no interest in the event, you're boring, you smell.
However, now that I actually live in the same city as my partner... I find it quite convenient to pull this line out when I want to decline an invite with no valid reason. It's terrible. It's hypocrisy I know - but this is only reserved for desperate times (when invited to see a chick-flick, RnB clubbing...).
Well at least I know now that it wasn't because I smell (I think).
No comments:
Post a Comment