... and another year wiser
It always takes a little trigger for someone to snap out of it and realise that self pity is pointless and there is nothing like planning, purpose and action to get out of a rut. But that's being dramatic.
I'm far from being in a rut, and my birthday was hardly a life changing event. Whether it was just good timing, or it really was a pivot to get over my boredom, I've decided to get off my butt and do something constructive with my time.
So this week is the start of my new gym membership, and I'm proud to say that I spent two hours at the gym yesterday (never mind that half the time was spent in the change room and sauna - love the sauna!). I'm also yet to start the make-over upstairs at Gord's house. It's recently been vacated, and we're using the opportunity to do a few quick-wins with a lick of new paint, change of colour schemes, and bright new lighting.
My other resolution was to get up earlier in the morning - because for someone who complains of being bored, I actually don't have enough hours in the day to the basic stuff I plan to do. And I haven't even started the job hunt yet. So with new additions to my agenda, I'm aiming to get up at 10am - hardly early, but goals need to be achievable, and I'm being realistic. Unfortunately, I'm yet to reach my goal - not sure why, but my eye-lids are so heavy in the morning and my ETA (estimated time for alertness) still hovers around the midday mark.
It's a start, and it'll keep me busy for the next few weeks until I can apply for a work visa in January, and then start looking for work Toronto. The you'll hear a different type of complaining!
No comments:
Post a Comment