Friday, October 24, 2003

And the Adventure Begins...

For those who haven't heard, I will be off to Canada for a year of work and play.

I am due to fly out this Tuesday and will be stopping over in the US before arriving in Vancouver where I will start my Canadian adventure. The plan is to travel, snow board, work and pick up.. the good old Canadian accent
ofcourse!

So why Canada?
- There's nothing more effective than unemployment or low wages for guaranteed weight loss
- I've mastered the technical face-plant-in-the-snow manouver, but I hear more spectacular falls are possible on the steep Canadian slopes.
- The visa application was easy (besides ticking the wrong boxes - they weren't impressed that I didn't fill the form out in person, and didn't understand or accept the terms & conditions.)
- Canadians are great people - they forgive stupidity. My visa was approved second time round!

Gone will be the IBM email and Orange phone, new details are below. Please keep in contact as I will be craving to know what everyone is up to!

email: andrea@student.unsw.edu.au
mobile: +61 414 686 583 (until the 28th Oct)
icq uin: 11501653

No comments: