Six months
It's been six months, a long journey, and what seemed an unreachable milestone. There are times when you just want to give up, go home. Other times you are determined to fight it and not let it overcome you.
But it feels good when you get there. When you can finally put on your dusty old sunglasses, exercise your flip flops and shake your head at the young girls with incredibly short shorts.
I have survived. Survived 'the worst winter Toronto has seen in 30 years' weather. It's been a journey - I have dug snow at midnight, I have dug snow at 5am in the morning, we have braved the highway during storm alert, and we have even driven the car into the side of the house because of the dang ice.
But now that the sun is out, this city looks brand spanking new. I think I can like this city.
I wore a skirt the other the day. I even wore open toe shoes! There is nothing I want to do but sit on a patio and drink beer - and I'm not even a beer drinker!
Love summer.
1 comment:
*lol* I'm jealous :) I'm still wearing jumpers, puffy jacket and scarves... over my singlet tops of course ;P
Post a Comment