Thursday, March 20, 2008

Be warned of rambling

The purpose of this blog is really to keep in touch with friends back at home and around the world. Share my embarrassing moments, and basically let you all know that I am still alive and kicking. I've been lousy, I know...

So just a quick update (as much as I love you guys, I value sleep):

---

Despite my last blog entry, I'm really enjoying my contract. At first, I had absolutely nothing to do. Zilch. They paid me by the hour to sit, chit chat, and surf the net. It was brain numbing and I was bored to tears. Literally.

Then they asked me to join a team that was absolutely drowning in work - and now I'm drowning with them. My long hours the last few weeks is nothing compared to what will come. The project plan has each of us scheduled 15 hours/day, every day from April to July, and I suspect it's on the optimistic side (another reason to hate PMs on this project). I've told G to be nice to me now coz I won't be around for a while.

Having said that, I'm enjoying it so far. I thought it was going to be very similar to my last big project, but this is bigger and more ambitious. I love my role, and I love my team which is also a bonus.

---

I'm getting used to Winter (note: this does not imply liking it), it's been a brutal one as everyone reminds me... we have only 5cm of snow to go before we break to all time record for snowfall in one season. We have had the biggest snow dumps that T.O. has seen in 30 years. Great timing on my part *humph*

Only good thing is, I tried snow boarding again last weekend, and surprisingly enjoyed it. G was shocked to see me holding my snowboard and grinning simultaneously (and this was even before the Beavertail). I'm still crap, but at least I can link my turns and I'm on my board more than I'm on my bum.

---

I've put on weight. A-lot-of-weight. And I'm not sure how it is I'm going to lose it. I think I have a fair idea of how I gained it though.

---

I won poker... it was a while ago, but I was proud and I want to boast about it. After many many weeks of contributing to the pot and not reaping any returns (the boys love it when I play), I finally turned the tables and took their money.

---

It's sad, but the highlight for me this week is shopping for a laptop so I can work more comfortably from home.

---

I think I am delirious now. So much that I am rambling. I think I need sleep.

3 comments:

millimilli said...

*hugs*

i got to hear all of this before you posted it! except the bit about the poker and buying a laptop.

15 hr days! them some spastic hours.

i'll sign into skype more often.

reenie said...

Missy W, are you putting on weight because you're...

PREGNANT?!?

;)

Anonymous said...

*gasp*
are you kidding me.
i may be delirious, i may have lost my mind for moving to this bloody cold country, but i haven't lost it enough to create myself an ankle biter. worse than that, i'll have you on my back for the rest of my life! =P